What does everyone do with all these chicks???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    As I read different post and people keeps incubating eggs for chicks..I was just wondering what some of you do with all those chicks??

I am doing mine to have fresh eggs to eat, to put some in freezer to eat..to fertilize my own eggs by keeping back rooster and some hens and doing all over and would like to sell some eggs to eat or fertilized and possible sell some baby chicks in my area..cause I am so happy having my incubators going..

Right now I got two spare bedrooms one is birthing room and the other is the nursery all for chicks..

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i eat,gather eggs, and sell mine [​IMG] ,, and some are jus my "eye candy"

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Same here, though it is possible that I may just want a flock of every breed. [​IMG]

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I will keep some. And sell most! The hens will sell like hot cakes at the swaps and the roos will fit nicely in my freezer.......or yours. [​IMG] I plan on selling the roos off as meat birds. Most of my breeds are nice dual purpose birds. [​IMG]

5. the1much

Quote:thats what im starting now,, now that i figured out what i had to begin with,, then found out how many i can sell,, so now im starting "breeder" pens,, i want 2 breeding stocks of the "brown egg layers", of each breed,,,rir,riw,nhr,br,a few others,, then i want a few breeding pens of meaties, MAYBE bantams,, plus my games im starting.,,,,wow,,, that looks like too much work [​IMG]

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:thats what im starting now,, now that i figured out what i had to begin with,, then found out how many i can sell,, so now im starting "breeder" pens,, i want 2 breeding stocks of the "brown egg layers", of each breed,,,rir,riw,nhr,br,a few others,, then i want a few breeding pens of meaties, MAYBE bantams,, plus my games im starting.,,,,wow,,, that looks like too much work [​IMG]

Where do you sell all those chicks..I've been reading a lot of your posts and you seem to sell tons of them? Wish I had the outlet to sell cause I do love to hatch.

7. the1much

Where do you sell all those chicks..I've been reading a lot of your posts and you seem to sell tons of them? Wish I had the outlet to sell cause I do love to hatch.

right from my front yard [​IMG] ( low overhead [​IMG] )

8. Toast n Jelly

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Right I remember you saying that in one of your posts.
    Do you need a license to sell and do you live in a very busy area?
    Seems to me that the available customers would get their fill of chicks and then who would you sell too? I know a lot of questions but I really don't think it would be feasible here [​IMG] .

9. the1much

theres ALOT of people here,, city of 250,000 , and i live right on the edge, just out of city limits,,, and i probably SHOULD find out bout a license, but im kinda waiting till spring,, then i'll have everything set-up [​IMG]
    but,, i sell to city officials,,animal control people,, noone really cares hehe [​IMG] ,, plus they probably think it keeps me busy,, so i wont get bored and cause mass chaos throughout hehe [​IMG]

10. Toast n Jelly

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:Well good for you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by