1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What does everyone do with all these chicks???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    As I read different post and people keeps incubating eggs for chicks..I was just wondering what some of you do with all those chicks??

I am doing mine to have fresh eggs to eat, to put some in freezer to eat..to fertilize my own eggs by keeping back rooster and some hens and doing all over and would like to sell some eggs to eat or fertilized and possible sell some baby chicks in my area..cause I am so happy having my incubators going..

Right now I got two spare bedrooms one is birthing room and the other is the nursery all for chicks..

2. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Sell the chicks. Raise them up and sell the pullets then give the roos away free or butcher. Replace older hens which are sold or butchered. I'm finding out if your willing to butcher or have someone that will then you can't hatch out too many chickens. The hens nearly always sell anyway. The question just becomes whether it's profitable or your spending more in feed and supplies than your making.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by