What does everyone think about AMBER WAVES SILKIES!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by feather leg farms, Oct 25, 2009.

1. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    I have a splash silkie roo and him and my hattrick have a baby hatching so just thought I'd ask!!!

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Here's some of my birds from Amber Waves. They have alot of hard feathering in the tail, which I'm trying to improve upon, but I think there decent birds overall. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I thought Amber Waves was a she? Am I wrong? I have not bought any from her? But her? website looks nice. [​IMG]

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I really don't think this thread fits into the spirit of BYC or its rules.

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I agree, this could really lead to flaming. Not everyone will like every bird that comes from any particular breeder.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yes, that is my thoughts. It is one thing to post a thread about the gorgeous birds you just got from XXX. Something entirely different to post the question "what do you think of XXX?"

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I suppose people can answer by PM if there is a problem but people are always asking this question about the big hatcheries.

8. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:I agree![​IMG]

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I agree![​IMG]

I agree also. I am happy with the birds she sent me. There's always something to improve upon in silkies!

10. allured1

allured1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2015
    I think it's one thing to talk Critiquing on a public forum when it comes to a particular Bird not a Breeder or in a PM.. Quite a few People who are jealous and petty and love to talk smack will think this is an open invitation.
    There is room for everyone and no one can produce perfection every time it's all subjective anyway.. Have Fun enjoy your Birds!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by