1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHAT DOES EVERYONE USE.........

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by feathersnmore, Jul 2, 2007.

1. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    FOR THEIR WORMERS??? I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE I KNOW AS A HORSE OWNER WE ROTATE OUR WORMERS AND I ALSO SAW THAT DE IS GOOD FOR PARASITE PREVENTION SO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW EVERYONES OPINIONS AND WHAT THEY USE. [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have food grade DE in their feed. It is a natural wormer.

3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    wazine

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I use DE and I use double the amount that it calls for. I was told more is better and that way you know they are getting it in their system.

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I us DE too - I mix it with their food, sprinkle it in their house, and in their dusting areas.

6. doodledo

doodledo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    I have an order of DE coming tomorrow. How much do you give. I did see 1lb to 50lb of feed, is this correct?

7. beameuplord

beameuplord Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2007
    OK Do Ireally have to worry about my chicks getting worms? This chicken stuff is getting more and more complicated? What is DE?TJ

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Yeah.....i was just wondering the same thing........[​IMG] Do we do this all the time? I have not been doing it......i dont think.....i better read the bag [​IMG]

9. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Quote:lets see if I can spell it correctly DIATOMACEOUS EARTH.... or DE. (must be FOOD GRADE)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  10. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I use Eprinex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by