What does housekeeping cost?? Anyone??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bufforp89, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    So I know this is super random but.......I have been asked to do some housekeeping at my friends elderly parents house durring my down time. They are willing to pay me whatever I ask. I have no clue what to ask though. I have never done this before and dont want to ask to much or little. Has anyone ever been or had a housekeeper?

The house is pretty big and there is just your average clutter. I have to clean the floors and scrub up the following rooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, one and a half baths, three bedrooms that their children used to live in, and various hallways.

Anyone have any idea?? I have to go do this tomorrow. Oh yea I am also bringing all my own cleaning stuff.

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Well, most housekeeping positions start out at minimum wage, depending on experience.

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I pay $8-$12 hr. depending on the energy and incentive of the housekeeper. I had one woman that I did not have to give instructions to; she just whipped through like a tornado. She even ironed. It was a sad day, those years ago, when I lost her. I have someone come now & feel that I must make a list... She is paid less.

4. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I pay $60.00 for 3 hours..

5. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Since it is not a full-time position with a set amount of hours each week and you have to supply all of the supplies, I would think it would be more than minimum wage. Minimum wage used to be $5.85 here, can't remember what it is now and I was pay $10 per hour to clean two houses. I don't know what minimum wage is in your area so I can't really help with a specific amount.

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    About $10/hour for normal clutter/cleaning. When we had a home daycare and it had to be to state codes, I'd pay $45 a week, which included some serious kid mess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by