What does housekeeping cost?? Anyone??

bufforp89

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Chenango Forks NY
So I know this is super random but.......I have been asked to do some housekeeping at my friends elderly parents house durring my down time. They are willing to pay me whatever I ask. I have no clue what to ask though. I have never done this before and dont want to ask to much or little. Has anyone ever been or had a housekeeper?

The house is pretty big and there is just your average clutter. I have to clean the floors and scrub up the following rooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, one and a half baths, three bedrooms that their children used to live in, and various hallways.

Anyone have any idea?? I have to go do this tomorrow. Oh yea I am also bringing all my own cleaning stuff.

I pay $8-$12 hr. depending on the energy and incentive of the housekeeper. I had one woman that I did not have to give instructions to; she just whipped through like a tornado. She even ironed. It was a sad day, those years ago, when I lost her. I have someone come now & feel that I must make a list... She is paid less.

Since it is not a full-time position with a set amount of hours each week and you have to supply all of the supplies, I would think it would be more than minimum wage. Minimum wage used to be $5.85 here, can't remember what it is now and I was pay $10 per hour to clean two houses. I don't know what minimum wage is in your area so I can't really help with a specific amount.

About $10/hour for normal clutter/cleaning. When we had a home daycare and it had to be to state codes, I'd pay $45 a week, which included some serious kid mess.

Back
Top Bottom