What does it mean if my hen is pooping like this?!

Nuggetroger

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2018
I have a hen and rooster I purchased from ace hardware about 2 months ago. I am not sure which chick is pooping like this but what does it mean ?
20180815_194923.jpg
20180815_194923.jpg
20180815_195609.jpg

First and foremost...
:welcome! I hope that you enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do!! I have learned SOOO much from this site, and I hope that you do too!:frow I encourage you to post some pics of your little cuties... I LOVE to see other peoples chickens:love:love:love... ( It make we want to get more lol)

Secondly,
That poop looks just fine to me... there might be something you need to change in their diet, or maybe they are intaking more water than usual. Chickens poop all sorts of shapes and sizes ( as gross as it sounds )
If your still needing some assurance of your little chicks poop, then heres his really good site about... well you guessed it.... chicken poop! This site goes over many poop types ( clear/runny included) and suggests a couple things that maybe you could help them change diet etc.

Hope this helps!:D
Good luck!:thumbsup

EDIT:

oops... forgot to post link lol

https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2016/03/all-about-chicken-poop-brown-black-and.html

Last edited:
X2 with @lazy gardener
Heat will make the poop watery. If inside still lower the brooder temp. At their age additional heat isn't necessary, To be on the safe side, Watch them to see if they are panting or holding their wings away from their bodies. If they are then they're getting hot, find some shade or cool their area down. I'm summer temps it doesn't hurt to give them a vitamin and electrolyte boost in their water.

:frowWelcome to BYC!
We are glad you joined our flock. :woot
I live where it is hot and I have never seen a poop like that before due to it being hot and drinking more water.

What do you feed your flock are they eating well?
Have you ever wormed your chickens?

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP

Back
Top Bottom