1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What does it mean if your chicken stops laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lewbylew99, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Lewbylew99

Lewbylew99 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2012
    Somebody help please!

My chicken was perfect with laying once a day but now shes stopped laying ever since we cleaned out the hutch!
    What Does this mean? and what shall i do?

Kind Regards,
    Lewbylew99

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    She was probably unhappy with your changing her world. Or, she's in a molt or mini-milt, or something like a snake is eating them, or she's laying somewhere else.

3. Lewbylew99

Aug 3, 2012
    What do you mean by a snake is eating them? And i think its the third one because she keeps going into the bush...?

Lewbylew99

4. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    There are snakes that eat eggs whole. If you think she's laying in the bushes tail her like she is a criminal.

5. Lewbylew99

Aug 3, 2012
    Everyone thankyou so much for your comments and replys! I have found out where she is laying and shes laying in the bush, There was 6 eggs in there so we were very happy and she also layed another egg in there today!
    Thanks again,

Lewbylew99

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by