What does piping sound like?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PhlyinPheBee, Apr 19, 2009.

1. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    is it a chick peeping or knocking???

2. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He is screaming let me out it is hot and stuffy in here.
    LOLOL

3. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    both, we had 3 hatch last night/early this morning, you'll hear a little peeping and you'll hear a little pipping, but really watch when it starts rocking and rolling!! very exciting, I happened to have company over last night and there were about 8 of us that were able to witness the actual hatch, it was awesome but from the first little tiny "pip" (very small hole in egg) to the actual hatching was about 8 hours...but the action started getting pretty intense and we were able to witness....wish I would have video'd it but was too interested in seeing it myself for the first time....

4. Kimber

Kimber Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2007
    SW Florida
    I held a few of my day 19 eggs to my ear today and could hear a light tapping....can't wait...should have some new fuzzy butts by morning. They are all out under the mommas so unless we are out in the coop when it happens we don't see much of the actual hatching!

5. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    It sounds like mice typing. [​IMG]

6. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    Quote:Thanks. I just checked my eggs and they all have pooked out part of the shell. I guess it will be sooner and I thought. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by