What does subscribing to a post mean???

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by peeps7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    My topic says it all, I accidently subscribe to topics all the time but I don't know what it does.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    When you subscribe to a post, everytime someone replies you will get an email telling you.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Forum Subscriptions
    The other day I was wondering how many members are using the "subscribe" feature on the forum. I'm a HUGE fan of this feature and think everyone should be using it. Basically if you subscribe to any forum post, the system will shoot you an email when someone replies to the thread. With such a busy forum it is hard for everyone to keep up on their favorite topics, so this allows you to get a single quick email when someone replies Note: You will only get one email, not an email with every new post like some of those other forums do. It is a really cool feature if you want to be notified when someone posts a reply to one of your own posts, or a topic you're interested in. Also, a cool bonus with subscriptions, there is a link on the front page of the forum that says, "Show your subscribed topics". This is like a way to bookmark your favorite posts / threads / topics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=12342#p12342

An important note: You only get the email ONCE until you come back to the board and not every single time someone replies.​

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Oops! [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Rooster-red... no worries. If you are on the forum and are reading the posts all the time on a thread to which you are subscribed, it may look like you are getting an email every time someone posts.

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I think you get an e-mail each time someone replies while your logged in, so if on for an hour and 4 people reply, you get 4 e-mails. But if not logged in and 4 people reply you only get the first reply notifcation, and when you click it you start at thet post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by