What does this Milkshake look like to you?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lharper, Oct 7, 2011.

1. lharper

lharper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2008
    We are supposed to pick up Milkshake on Monday. All the owner knows is that they bought Milkshake from TSC about 3 years ago. They dont know breed or gender. Milkshake will be a pet, but may also be used for "meat rabbit" breeding, we arent sure yet.

So, is Milkshake a buck or a doe? And what breeds?

[​IMG]

2. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    Quote:to check for gender flip him/her over and press lightly with 2 fingurs on both sides of his/her...you know.and if something pops out its a boy [​IMG] google it theres pictures and better directions and it looks like a cross maybe with some flemish

3. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    Quote:to check for gender flip him/her over and press lightly with 2 fingurs on both sides of his/her...you know.and if something pops out its a boy [​IMG] google it theres pictures and better directions and it looks like a cross maybe with some flemish

haha nevermind looking at him/her again she doesnt look like a flemish anymore

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    That thar is a wittle fwuffy bunny.

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Maybe a harlequin or harlequin mix.

6. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon

not true, something should pop out for either gender. I'll post a link for sexing.
    http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml

7. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    At 3 years old, you shouldn't even have to protrude the penis to tell. Male rabbits are fairly well...endowed. You should be able to see if there's any "dangly bits" just by turning him over. Although, looking at the picture Milkshake appears to have a bit of a dewlap. Yes, male rabbits can have dewlaps, but they are much more common on females. My best guess, just from the one pic (which I wouldn't stake anything except maybe a can of soda on) is that Milkshake is female. As for breed, my guess would also be harlequin or harlequin mix.

8. lharper

lharper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2008
    I will post some more pics on Monday after we pick her up. Thanks for all the replies.

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    In direct answer to your question, Milkshake looks like my friend's rabbit (who sadly died last year). [​IMG]

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Looks to be a Harlequin doe to me. But i could be wrong on the gender. I only say doe because she looks to have a dewlap but over fat bucks and bucks that have been picked up from their scruff to much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by