What does this poo mean?

Justplainchickn

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 9, 2014
Colorado
I have been seeing charts and threads on poo and was trying to find it and was not able to. This morning my chicken let this little beauty out on my table and chairs but I wasn't sure if color and texture are normal or not? Any feed back?

I did give the chickens cantalope this morning after I let them out...would that cause it and does food go through them that fast?

My chickens poo like that some times and it's fine. It's jsut after they drank a lot of water or ate something like cantaloupe or watermelon. When there's extra water, their poo looks like that :-D

I didn't see any worms,well as far as I could tell, it is just runny. Would there be worms if it is Cecal worms? I know they say runny watery pop can be from heat but the weather has cooled down we are in the 70- to mid 80's. If it is worms what do I do for it?

The only worm I have ever seen is round worms. Some worms can only be seen with magnification of some sort.

Have seen any more of this chicken's poop?

I think these are hers I am having a hard time catching her to separate. What should I put her in? Our other coop has another chicken in quarantine since she is new to the flock and she has one more week to go

I have been seeing charts and threads on poo and was trying to find it and was not able to. This morning my chicken let this little beauty out on my table and chairs but I wasn't sure if color and texture are normal or not? Any feed back?
I did give the chickens cantalope this morning after I let them out...would that cause it and does food go through them that fast?
Might be a good idea to start them on some Corid, Amprol or AmproMed, all are amprolium.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom