Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my males peep but a raspy peep

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

marcelineduckie

Songster
May 9, 2015
California
Ok ok so I know my very first post was simular just really trying to find out if my marceline is really a marceline or a marshal Lee haha! Now she is a pekin not sure if that matters and she's 4 weeks. What did your ducks sound like at 4 weeks!!!???? She started making a honk like noise at about 2 to 3 weeks she doesn't do it all the time but I have heard it, I swear I'm not crazy, now that she's 4 weeks she doesn't do it as much she still peeps but the peeps are not always as high pitched as when she was younger now I am using the she loosely but I do hope for a girl. So if anyone who has pekin ducks or any ducks for that matter could shed a little.more light on this subject I'd be more than appreciative . Also is it true the females voice starts to change earlier or do males also start to have a change in voice around 4 weeks old?share any experience or knowledge you may have thank you thank you thank you :)

Last edited:
I've got mallards. And my male mallard starting making sound first. I thought for sure he was a girl, until the girls starting quacking. THAT was a quack and what I thought for sure had to be a quack from the drake is most certainly not. Those girls can get LOUD but not too often. When they're spooked or super curious or on the move.

We had our first peep-honk at about 3 weeks of age, and I recall the middle of the night I heard a quack! Mostly, my Runners don't quack, actually, they go ah-AH-ah-ah. Really. I will see if I can find the recording I use for my phone ring.

Oh, wait . . . here . . . at about six months

0.jpg

Aweh that is so adorable you have the. Trained well. I showed my husband what our runner was going to sound like haha he kinda gave me an eyebrow look like he wasn't too happy about it haha I love the sound it's so sweet

Last edited:
We have a 5 day old mallard duckling, a result of an abandoned egg on one of our nests. She makes a contented clicking noise when she is sitting, snoozing on my shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom