What does your ducks live in?

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
We have a small chicken coop that we have for our bantams and 1 maybe 3 ducks. The one duck has been with the bantams since day 1 so we left her with them and they do fine together. The other 2 will be introduced later when it is time for them to go out.

I would just like to see what your ducks go into at night time and how long did it take for them to start going in by themselves?

mine are all trained to going in there coops at night, i started by just herding them every night at the same time of night, by 2 weeks they had it figured out, if i have to do it a few mins early all i do is have to yell for the and they go in.

Last edited:
i don't have pics i have 3 coops i use for ducks, one is a 6ft x 6 ft one is a 4 x3 and them my big one is 40x by 8 seperated in 3 seperate rooms

mine are all trained to going in there coops at night, i started by just herding them every night at the same time of night, by 2 weeks they had it figured out, if i have to do it a few mins early all i do is have to yell for the and they go in.

Do you have a pic or their coop? I would like to see it.

We only put food and water in the coops (chicken and duck) if it looks like rain since the runs are not covered and it's a pain to get the feed buckets out from under the coops. If it's not going to rain, the feed buckets stay out in the run and they always have water out there.

Back
Top Bottom