What done this?

thebaker

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
My cage was 5 foot off the ground an something got into my cage today in daylight hrs. All my little gamebirds are gone.. So we ended up moving our cages to a different location with more fenceing around an netting on top of fenced in area.

Yes there sure is... I seen black bear just last week but never thought it would get over our 5 foot fence.

Yes there sure is... I seen black bear just last week but never thought it would get over our 5 foot fence.

Do yu think a fox could do this.. I did notice a few mins ago there was claw marks on the inside of the pen. The place the critter went in was not a very big place as it was the sleeping area for the birds an then it lead on out in the pen... The opening was only the size of a small coop door..Not a very big door at all.. Just big enough for a cat to fit through I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Bears can get over fences but in the image it doesn't look like that big of a hole..is that a 2 x 4 in the image? if so, the hole looks to be less than a foot in size. You may want replace that panel with thicker plywood and put hard wire cloth around the bottom. of the coop up a foot or two..

Rats?? There is no damage to the inner board which makes me think that whatever did it had small teeth and good at using them.

Could you show an overall picture of the coop? 5' off the ground, probably not a fox. More than likely a coon. Opossums usually don't work that hard. The ply wood you have is OSB, cheap and very weak as it ages. I would use BCS plywood or cover what already have with hardee board. It's a fiberglass base concrete siding that gonna make tearing thru a pain in the *** for a critter.

It's gotta be a coon. It looks like it was pulled apart by that piece still hanging on the bottom right corner. I've seen them tear thru shingles and decking to get in an attic. That type of plywood doesn't stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom