What drives your Cockerel/Roo crazy mad?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RL, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    I was just wondering, what is the one thing that will always set your Cockerel/Rooster off? I thought it would be interesting to know some of the quirks of some the Roo’s out there.

My 5 month old SLW Cockerel Skunky is a pretty good mannered Cockerel; to me anyway. He, however, does not like unknown people in his yard. He won't attack them normally, but will let them know he will at anytime.
    The one thing I have found that just pisses him off is my Cell phone. He can be 100 feet or so away and as soon as he sees me pull out my cell phone he'll come running making a "WOOOOOO" sound and then just go crazy trying to get to that cell phone. I have to make sure I don't sit down while talking on it or I'll have a crazy bird in my face for sure. I wonder why? It's not like he has been attacked by a cell phone before, in fact he's never been attacked by anything.

This is Skunky the Cell Phone attacker…
    [​IMG]

2. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Our 5 month old sex-link rooster is a real sweetie. HOWEVER, he will charge anyone who tries to pick up his girls (except me). The funny thing is, he skids to a stop just before making contact. He remembers well the several lofts my shoe has sent him on! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by