what duck breeds get along together best?

Horse Love Rio

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
I am looking to get some ducks. I am looking into the welsh harlequin, gold star, khaki campbell, and runner breeds, and i was wondering if they all get along together?

Woops, and swedish
tongue.png

all breeds of ducks get along fine if raised together. its just during mating season having a small breed of female duck and some heavy breed males will not end well for the small female, NOTHING gets past a drake with out getting "loved"

That should be fine. To ducks, the breed doesn't matter. I've had pekins, a cayuga, cayuga/pekin mixes, and a khaki campbell all together. I had two drakes, and my khaki campbell was half there size and they still got along fine.

That should be fine. To ducks, the breed doesn't matter. I've had pekins, a cayuga, cayuga/pekin mixes, and a khaki campbell all together. I had two drakes, and my khaki campbell was half there size and they still got along fine.

I agree. Breed doesn't matter to them. I have 9 Gold star hybrids and a Black swedish, and a Buff and they all get along fine.

Our Khakis, Saxonies and Runners hang out together no problem. Our Muscovies don't care to hand out with the rest, and Mr. Muscovy tries to breed the poor Khakis sometimes. We used to have two Pekins but they were mean and refused to share the kiddie pool, so they became dinner.

Thanks so much for all of the input! We decided on 2 runners and 2 welsh harlequins. In May we are also getting 2 royal palm turkeys and 6 more chickens. YAY! Can't wait 'till they come
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom