What duck breeds would be best for me?

chickenlittle21

There's a piggy in the pasture
Aug 22, 2019
Martin county, Florida
I MIGHT get some duck hatching eggs from a hatchery and I am wondering what breeds of ducks do you recommend for me. I am looking for a duck breed that doesn't fly, likes being held, and is friendly to the other ducks, ducklings, chicks, and chickens. Also, I already have 2 1 month old pekin ducklings so I might get a couple pekin hatching eggs too.

I recently ordered duck hatching eggs from Metzer Farms. They are a lovely hatchery if you want high-quality duck eggs with a small minimum egg amount.

I purchased Chocolate Runners and Cayugas eggs. My first ducks.They hatched and are a few months old now. They are very very sweet!I have 13 hens and 2 roosters who they get along with. The Runners are all male and will get to be 75cm tall. The Cayugas get 7 pounds! The Runners will only weigh 4 pounds. The Runners are upright ducks and run instead of waddle. Cayugas get very large because they are meat ducks. Runners are one of the most prolific layers of all duck breeds.
That's the hatchery I was thinking of ordering from and those are some of the breeds I am considering getting.

I MIGHT get some duck hatching eggs from a hatchery and I am wondering what breeds of ducks do you recommend for me. I am looking for a duck breed that doesn't fly, likes being held, and is friendly to the other ducks, ducklings, chicks, and chickens. Also, I already have 2 1 month old pekin ducklings so I might get a couple pekin hatching eggs too.
peaking ducks. they are really friendly and they don’t fly. i raised a peaking duck from a egg and he was the friendliest little guy and followed me around.

I recently ordered duck hatching eggs from Metzer Farms. They are a lovely hatchery if you want high-quality duck eggs with a small minimum egg amount.

I purchased Chocolate Runners and Cayugas eggs. My first ducks.They hatched and are a few months old now. They are very very sweet!I have 13 hens and 2 roosters who they get along with. The Runners are all male and will get to be 75cm tall. The Cayugas get 7 pounds! The Runners will only weigh 4 pounds. The Runners are upright ducks and run instead of waddle. Cayugas get very large because they are meat ducks. Runners are one of the most prolific layers of all duck breeds.

Pekin's are also prone to Podermatsis, Arthritis, Obesity, Malnutrition, and other problems related to lack of hygiene such as sticky eye or wet feathers, I found most of these problems to occur after two/three years of age.

Back
Top Bottom