1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What duck? (Does anyone know what breed I have?)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by casslarrabee225, May 16, 2011.

1. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    Here is a couple pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am inquiring about the two bigger ducks (The black and the buff color). The little ones are Khaki Campbells. Now the bigger buff LOOKS like a Khaki but has yellow tipped wings and feet are black and orange. (The baby Khaki's have black feet.) The big black one has same yellow tipped wings and black and orange feet as well. ANY IDEA'S????? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    I can tell you, that you DON'T have any Blue Swedish!! Those are the only type of ducks I've raised from ducklings and yours look nothing like them. But they sure are cute!!

3. NajmoNests

NajmoNests Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    E. Central, MN
    Aw so cutsie. [​IMG] All baby duckies are sweet. They're not Call ducks either. [​IMG]

4. jemagsy

jemagsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Georgia
    Look like my Campbells when they were that age, the drakes feet and coloring start changing at around 6-8 weeks. I don't know about the yellow tipped wings though.

5. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Mixed. The multicolor feet is a sign of a cross. The black one looks kinda of like a hatchery quality cayuga with the green bill but has orange feet so probably a cross as well.

6. littlexfarm

littlexfarm New Egg

May 16, 2011
    They are so cute! My guess is possibly indian runners? Indian runners stand more erect than other ducks. Or maybe they only look erect because they were posing for the camera.
    Either way, I am sure you will enjoy them!

7. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    Oh yeah! I forgot to say they did mention they were runners. I'm pretty sure they had Cayuga, Khaki, Indian runners...not sure what else. But they were all mingling together so I'm almost positive at this point that they are mixed. It's nice to have an idea of what they are though. Is it true that a mommy duck can hatch a clutch of ducks but some may have different daddies?

8. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Yes, a clutch of eggs can have the same biological mother and different biological fathers.

9. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Quote:Good thing that can't happen to humans Child support would be all messed up! LOL J/k[​IMG]
    T.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by