what egg colour eggs can you get????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenboy7c2d, Sep 5, 2010.

1. chickenboy7c2d

chickenboy7c2d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Surrey, England, UK
    blue, white and brown. what other colours can you get???

2. leahthor

leahthor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    as well as blue, white and brown, you can get light green, olive green, gray, tinted, pink and I have even heard of a plum coloured egg.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. chickenboy7c2d

chickenboy7c2d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Surrey, England, UK
    wow, do you know what breeds lay those colours???

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Greens and blues mostly from Easter Eggers or Arucanas (hope I spelled that right). I'm not sure about the others but they are probably crosses. Like crossing a blue egg laying breed with a chocolate egg laying breed to try and get a darker purple egg. [​IMG] Not sure if there are any pure breeds that lay a color other than white, brown or blue. EE's are a mix bird that came about from people wanting different colors. I've heard of them laying just about that whole gamit (exception being plum).

5. CAChicklette

CAChicklette New Egg

Oct 18, 2011
    OK...so I have one ameraucana and maybe one half ameraucana (not one I ordered but looks like a cross between the ameraucana and an buff orpington...maybe) along with two each of light brahmas, australorps, silkies, golden crested polish and one RIR.
    Getting all shades of brown, the cutest little silkie eggs and one white. Now....for the funny part.....today...I got THREE light green eggs. The last I had checked them was 10:00 p.m. the night before... now WHO of this flock might be laying all these green eggs? I get Ameraucana...and possibly half Ameraucana girls...but three in a day? I have gotten two in a day before....it is a lovely mint green.
    ???[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by