What else can I do and when do you decide to cull?

suzanne2545

In the Brooder
May 5, 2016
I have six 4 week old Brahma pullets. About a week ago I noticed that one was walking/hobbling on her hock and had toes curled a bit. It was a busy week so I separated her and put the runt in with her so she had a friend. It took me a day or two to read up but at this point she's had three mega doses of poly vi sol and b-12 and there doesn't seem to be any change. She's not getting worse but she's not getting better. Do I keep dosing her every day? How many days? Is there anything else I can do? At what point do I decide this isn't working? She is eating and drinking and she does hobble around. But I definitely have to keep her separated because the others just walk on her. Poor girl. Is she too old for a chick chair? Is there a taping technique?

I have six 4 week old Brahma pullets. About a week ago I noticed that one was walking/hobbling on her hock and had toes curled a bit. It was a busy week so I separated her and put the runt in with her so she had a friend. It took me a day or two to read up but at this point she's had three mega doses of poly vi sol and b-12 and there doesn't seem to be any change. She's not getting worse but she's not getting better. Do I keep dosing her every day? How many days? Is there anything else I can do? At what point do I decide this isn't working? She is eating and drinking and she does hobble around. But I definitely have to keep her separated because the others just walk on her. Poor girl. Is she too old for a chick chair? Is there a taping technique?

Don’t cull her if she’s eating and drinking fine, just keep dosing her, she’ll get better soon

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom