What else can I use enchilada sauce for besides enchiladas?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by arabianequine, Mar 23, 2012.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I have a lot of sauce left over and have made enchiladas x2 now. What else can I use it for any ideas will be helpful.

Thank you!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    You can use them for taco salads, "ketchup" for hamburgers, FF and hotdogs!

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I pour enchilada sauce over a pork shoulder roast and cook it in the crock pot. You can serve it with tortillas or not. Either way, it is delicious.

You can use it to make chili. Brown the meat and onions, pour the sauce over it and simmer. Or clean your pinto beans, add browned meat and onions, pour the sauce over it plus enough water for the beans and set it to cook in the crock pot all day until the beans are tender.

4. AllTheseCreatures

AllTheseCreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

I do the crock pot as well but with chicken. It's good in tacos, over rice . . . Speaking of rice, I've cooked rice in Enchilada sauce and that was good! Add a little water. I like a little enchilada sauce in an omelet too. Use it too make a dressing for taco salad.

5. micheller1210

micheller1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Vancouver/Clark county
    makes the best huveos rancheros,or chile con queso, spooned with scrambled eggs served burrito style, makes a great mole base,a chip dip,in spanish rice, chilaquiles, stew chicken in it...

6. micheller1210

micheller1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Vancouver/Clark county
    my mom would cook the pinto beans first rinse them after there cooked and then add red chile, and then add sharp shredded chedder, or mexican cheese....and homemade tortillas and crema.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by