What else can they eat?

Chickie Trio

Chirping
Jun 2, 2021
My 3 chicks are about 1.5 months old. They’ve been eating the feed, occasional boiled egg yolk, clovers, & whtvr they’re digging up out there. Are they good to go & can eat fruits & other veggies now?

Is a wild grape vine ok to train around & in their coop?

Also, can I put seed down for a grassy patch in their run?

The grass will never grow unless you protect it, either with a grazing frame or fencing.

Occasional fruit/veggie treats are fine, in moderation.

Grape vine is fine around chickens but they can get heavy, so you need to consider if your set up can safely support the added weight without compromising the structure.

My 3 chicks are about 1.5 months old. They’ve been eating the feed, occasional boiled egg yolk, clovers, & whtvr they’re digging up out there. Are they good to go & can eat fruits & other veggies now?

Is a wild grape vine ok to train around & in their coop?

Also, can I put seed down for a grassy patch in their run?
I give mine 95% of our kitchen scraps and I bag my grass clippings which they pick through and eat their favorites out of. Their favorite thing is the scraps by far - then their forage and they eat their feed lightly in the summer. But they are left free range a lot too.

The grass will never grow unless you protect it, either with a grazing frame or fencing.

Occasional fruit/veggie treats are fine, in moderation.

Grape vine is fine around chickens but they can get heavy, so you need to consider if your set up can safely support the added weight without compromising the structure.
Excellent thank you!

Yes I thought of the weight of the vine too, plus the blocking of the sun do I’ve only trained a small portion up one corner it & will keep it under control as it grows.

Back
Top Bottom