What feed is good for SQ ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tlammy, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Tlammy

Tlammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    London, OH
    To keep their feathers in good condition..?
    I have Dumor... is this good?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm not a huge fan of Dumor, but MANY people use it.
    I buy gamebird feed that is milled here in Texas and mix it with crimped oats, cracked corn, wheat, sunflower seeds and scratch.

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    We have game bird, oats, BOSS, scratch and Mazuri waterfowl mixed for the call ducks, mandarins, and Sebastopols.
    The LF ducks and African geese get all flock mixed with some BOSS, and scratch.

Recently switched our mix of feed and enjoying the Mazuri feed, lack of wasted feed and how they look. Have also seeded winter rye that is growing nicely and they are eatting free range.

4. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    I feed my silkies gamebird feed. I can tell a great difference from the ones fed standard feed that i gave away as culls. Gamebird feed should help your ducks too.

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Do SQ and PQ need differnt feeds really? can the PQs be fed the same thing as SQs?

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:All of my duckies, eat the same healthy diet-I want them all to be beautiful and happy with shiny feathers whether they are shown or not.

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I feed them Purina Flock Raiser (Pellets.) I also give them Corn, but they won't eat it for some reason?? [​IMG] The guineas and chickens are hooked on that stuff, though!

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:Mine don't care for cracked corn either...they will only eat it when it is very cold outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by