What fresh meals have you had recently?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Karrie13, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Karrie13

Karrie13 Songster

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    MMmmm just had a wonderful lunch of last night’s leftovers. Broccoli from the garden (with a little cheese) and chicken kabobs made from Cornish x’s I grew out this spring and fresh garden veggies cooked in a charcoal grill. Nothing better than a meal you grew yourself!

My daughter had a hamburger though, she wont touch the chicken since she helped take care of it. [​IMG] She is missing out!

What fresh meals have you had recently?

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Crowing

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Shallots and garlic sauted in olive oil, add a chopped up fresh tomato and cook for a few minutes, then toss in leftover pasta....Yum!!!! Finish off lunch with a fresh cucumber from the garden.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Mashed potato pizza with mini bbq meatloaves. I grew the baby red potatoes. Tonight we're having fried green rutger tomatoes (from the garden) with lemon pepper tilapia [​IMG]

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Numerous salads from our Mesculun (spelling) patch, with onions, peppers and tomatoes too.

Fried red and white taters.

Mustard greens.

Spinach leaf salad.

Fried cabbage.

Corn is coming on soon!! Mmmmm!

5. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Songster

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I've been getting plenty of green leaf and red leaf lettuce from the garden, and more spinach than we could possible eat. In another 2 weeks the beets will be ready for pickling. [​IMG]

6. SallyF

SallyF Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    A frittata made with baby squash from the garden, a friend's home-grown tomatoes and eggs from the girls over in the henhouse. Eating it cold for lunch today.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Had fresh-ground steak burgers with garden tomatoes for lunch. [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Zucchini, summer squash, and mushrooms sauteed with chopped turkey bacon, garlic, olive oil and a little salt and cracked black pepper... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by