WHAT?! Garlic can cure colds?

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
I was watching Food Network this morning and they are saying that chewing and eating on a single clove of garlic can help cure a cold faster.

Has anyone heard of that?!

I wonder if it is true... hmmmm....could be worth a try.

Yup heared about it just don't give any to your chickens
wink.png

I don't think eating garlic could cure a cold, but I'm sure consuming a lot of it would keep people away thereby lessening your exposure to those who might have a cold.

Garlic does not cure a cold; however it does boost your immune system, allowing it to better fight a cold, or preventing you from getting one in the first place. Garlic does the same for chickens and other creatures; however, not safe for dogs or cats.

Garlic contains a lot of sulfur....which can act like a natural antibiotic. It also contains potassium and Vit. C~both are good for the immune system. We eat garlic in all our cooking and give it to our animals as often as possible.

My family never treat colds with antibiotics. We rarely even get one but, when we do.....We do what we call The Treatment.....which is to power up on orange juice for three days and, on the first day, take a very hot bath while drinking a very hot liquid, apply Vicks to bottoms of feet and on chest, bundle up in warm clothing from head to toe(especially socks) and wrap oneself in very warm blankets and sweat until you just can't stand it anymore. I like to add a Benadryl to this mix so that I can sleep through the sweaty time.

This method speeds up one's metabolism like a fever would, racing white blood cells to the source of viral invasion quicker. On the second day you feel about 50% better, the third day about 75%....the fourth day~what cold?
tongue.png

Garlic .. the most important ingredient in everything but icecream ..

lau.gif

My kids will actually quote the above, everytime I take a clove of garlic out for whatever I'm cooking ..

I say "Garlic .."

They say "The most important ingredient ..... "

It's a big joke at our house.. and may be why we don't get sick very often ..
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom