What gender and breed are these?

Chicken Unboxing

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
Florida, the Sunshine State!
My two chickens are about 1 and a half months old (49 days to be exact) in these pictures. When we first got them (about a day old) we tried the wing trick and we concluded a hen and a rooster, but we're not too sure. One of them is fully white (suspected to be the hen) and the other has a few spots (suspected to be the rooster). A friend told us they were both roosters, that sure would be devastating. For behaviors, the white one, I could say, screams more when we pick it up, and the spotted one is more calm. The white one is strangely obsessed with tomatoes. Additionally, we don't know what breed they are, but we think they could be ideal 236. We also don't have a name for them yet, so please feel free to suggest any names! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Spotted.jpeg
    Spotted.jpeg
    666.4 KB · Views: 24
  • White.jpeg
    White.jpeg
    681 KB · Views: 17
  • Spotted and White.jpeg
    Spotted and White.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 17
  • White and Spotted.jpeg
    White and Spotted.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 18
Males! No doubt at all!
I could be wrong (im no expert) but they do look like cockerels... 6 weeks is fairly early for that much red. But I could be wrong... also sorry, I don’t know the breed.
Oh well that's a bummer, but thanks for the help! Maybe well get lucky next time :hit

Back
Top Bottom