1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What gender and breed are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Minariiiii, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Minariiiii

Minariiiii New Egg

Sep 16, 2014
    We're first time chicken owners so.....
    This one looks and feel like a boy :/
    [​IMG]
    the one at the back called Baby... It's so hard to get a good picture of him...
    And this Lil one at the front. Pretty sure she's a pullet but we've no idea what breed is she.

[​IMG]
    Here is her tail. Beanie is a sweet girl with an extremely curious nature. Found that out when she decided to jump on my back.

Both are over two months don't know the exact. Beanie was the smallest when we first got her so maybe bantam???

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    They are both bantams and the one in the back looks like a cockerel while the wheaten looks like a pullet. One might be an Ameracauna but I want to see the legs of the one because I'm not sure yet it could be a faverolle

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The black one looks like a Black Ameraucana or Black Easter Egger cockerel. The other one is a pullet, but I'm not sure about her breed.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that your black bird is an Easter Egger cockerel ( I don't think pure Ameraucana, as he appears to have some white in his face feathers). The other bird looks to be a pullet, but I don't know the breed. My guess is she's a mix.

5. Minariiiii

Minariiiii New Egg

Sep 16, 2014
    here are some better pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    is she a silkie? she looks so different
    [​IMG]

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana