What gender and breed do I have?

Briandaaa

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
Hello everyone , I have some chickens and I’m not sure what kind of breed they are and what their gender is. I would really like to know in order to see how many egg layers I will have. :idunno

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 31
Noooo there’s four chickens and I’m not sure about the age. I would say between one to two months. I got them on Easter and they were maybe a week old

Second one might be a Delaware.

All three white ones might be White Leghorns, although there are many other white chicken breeds, so I'm not very sure about that.

Fourth one is definitely male. I'm not sure about the gender of the others.

How can you tell the gender?
Especially at such a young age.

I looked at the comb color and size. Cockerels have combs that get more pink, and then red, at an age when pullets have pale combs. Cockerel combs usually get larger, too.

In this case, I notice the comb on the 4th one being more large and pink than what I noticed on the others.

It's common for one cockerel to develop faster than other cockerels, and for all cockerels to develop faster than all pullets.

Ok. I had thought they were younger. I think the second one is also a boy. The one that looks most like a pullet is no. 1
And I agree they might be leghorns.

Ok. I had thought they were younger. I think the second one is also a boy. The one that looks most like a pullet is no. 1
And I agree they might be leghorns.
I agree with you on the second one being a male. But I think the third one is also a male. I did my research (sadly I didn’t understand any of it) but from what I gathered, pullets have fuller feathers and cockerels have like undefined feathers.

Second one might be a Delaware.

All three white ones might be White Leghorns, although there are many other white chicken breeds, so I'm not very sure about that.

Fourth one is definitely male. I'm not sure about the gender of the others.
How can you tell it’s a male?

How can you tell it’s a male?

To quote myself:
I looked at the comb color and size. Cockerels have combs that get more pink, and then red, at an age when pullets have pale combs. Cockerel combs usually get larger, too.

In this case, I notice the comb on the 4th one being more large and pink than what I noticed on the others.

It's common for one cockerel to develop faster than other cockerels, and for all cockerels to develop faster than all pullets.

Back
Top Bottom