What gender are my 5 week old Silkies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mustangrooster, Aug 12, 2016.

1. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello,

So my little batch of baby silkies are really growing up on me now! They are around 4 to 5 weeks old and im busting to find out what gender they are. I already have enough Roos so im hoping my four silkies are all girls.

Any chance you could tell what gender they are? Or are they still to young?

(They're are 4 silkies but they are tumbling all over each other!)
    [​IMG]

^Sorry the photos not very good, I took a photo of them while they were having they're Oat meal snack. (which I always give to them in a little plastic bowl instead of their regular feeding station)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Sorry only got close ups of two

Oh and no, My silkies are not in their brooder any more. For 2 weeks they have been happily placed with their wallaby friend.
    These guys follow me around everywhere, I love them to pieces so im just hoping none are roos, for all my hens sake I really cannot keep any more roos until I get more hens.

-Mustang

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Much too early to accurately sex silkies 4-5 mos. is better - the two do seem to have large combs for this early age.

3. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Alright- I did think that they where to early to tell. I guess i'll update them as they grow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by