What Gender are my bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MimiB, Apr 22, 2012.

1. MimiB

MimiB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    I have 5 bantams (my black and white one did not make it.) I am only sure that one is female because her comb is practically non existent and it is not as red as the other 3. The white bantams I am not sure on because even though they have pretty large combs they do not have a waddle.. I am pretty sure all my large pullets are girls and no roos got slipped in...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    How old are they?

3. MimiB

MimiB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    I purchased them on March 11th from Tractor Supply so I guess around 1 month and 12 days??

4. MimiB

MimiB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    when I look at the date and assume that they were about a day old when I got them then they would be about 6 weeks and 1 day old.

5. MimiB

MimiB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    anyone have any guesses? They are a little over 6 weeks old. The one red one is starting to act like a roo. He chases the grackles that come into our yard and puffs out his chest. It is so cute! What do you all think? Was I right in thinking I only have 1 bantam pullet and the other 4 are roos? Thankfully my bantams were meant mainly for pets and for pest control more so than eggs. i have the BOs and Leghorns for my egg gals :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. MimiB

MimiB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    edited above b/c of math LOL I have 5 total bantams :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by