What Gender are my ducks???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shelbee12, Aug 11, 2014.

1. shelbee12

shelbee12 New Egg

Mar 24, 2014
    Spanish Fork, UT
    I have 4 Muscovy ducks and 1 that I think is a Pekin. Can anyone tell me the gender of these ducks or how I can try to tell? (sorry the goats and chickens were jealous that the ducks were getting all the attention. My guess from what I read is there is the one male in the front right and the other three seem smaller so ducks? Is there a better way to take pictures to help you figure it out? I have no idea how to tell for the Pekin though. I know there is a difference in quacks, but I've never heard the other gender so its hard to decide
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    The larger muscovy are males and smaller are females. Hard to tell due to the angle of your pics, but looks like 2 males and 2 females?

Does your pekin have a curly tail feather?
    Is it loud when it quacks or more quiet and raspy?

3. shelbee12

shelbee12 New Egg

Mar 24, 2014
    Spanish Fork, UT
    I'll try to have my hubby get better pics. they don't like to hold still lol Also, is it ok for siblings to reproduce?

4. MsPoultry

MsPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    It looks like 2 boys 2 females.The girls are smaller,pip,and have no crest.The boys are much larger,hiss,and have a crest they can lift up and down.The white one looks just like a pekin and will get a curly feather by it's tail if it's a boy.OH and don't breed siblings that's insest.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by