What gender are my silkies?

uv_vv

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
Hi, i got two 5 week old silkies today and i was just wondering if anyone can tell what gender they are?
02F2D06F-7DBB-441A-9B1E-D6CA8E15B12D.png
77673E2F-A258-4DD1-A5F6-E674E4AC837A.png

We need better photos of combs/wattles and profile views showing their tail carriage to have a chance at it.
For my silkies I'm usually pretty sure at the 3 month mark on sex and absolutely positive once they start crowing:gigIn all seriousness silkies are hard to sex unless you have one that grows and bulks out faster than the others. Welcome to BYC, I see that I was your first like. Please introduce yourself on the new member introductions and you will rack up a ton:) if you like.

Ok, i will take some better photos tomorrow. was told by the person who i got them from that they were probably both girls.:wee

We need better photos of combs/wattles and profile views showing their tail carriage to have a chance at it.
For my silkies I'm usually pretty sure at the 3 month mark on sex and absolutely positive once they start crowing:gigIn all seriousness silkies are hard to sex unless you have one that grows and bulks out faster than the others. Welcome to BYC, I see that I was your first like. Please introduce yourself on the new member introductions and you will rack up a ton:) if you like.

is this photo ok ? if not i will try get some better ones:)

Back
Top Bottom