What gender are our ducks?

JNC

Songster
May 5, 2020
Kendallville Indiana, US
I have white pekins and from what I see from the white duck it looks like a girl to me. Because she has a flat tail. Male ducks will get a curled feather. But the duck could still be a male duck that doesn’t have a curled feather because it isn’t fully matured yet. Girls make a loud honk quack and guys make a more raspy quack. You can watch for these as your around them and you’ll know if it’s a boy or girl. Hope this helped!

DuckyDonna

Crossing the Road
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
Ok, so if you know of a heavy smoker that rasp they have. I think it sounds like a frog. That is like a drake. Anything louder and obviously a quack will be a girl. Just pick one up, walk away from the others and it will probably do one or the other!

SarahandHeather

Hatching
Jun 3, 2020
Ok, so if you know of a heavy smoker that rasp they have. I think it sounds like a frog. That is like a drake. Anything louder and obviously a quack will be a girl. Just pick one up, walk away from the others and it will probably do one or the other!

Thank you! Can you look at the videos? I posted them above as saxony, white layered and cayuga. Those are each of our ducks that we are unsure about

DuckyDonna

Crossing the Road
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
I did look at them and there was too much going on for me to separate the ducks. I thought that brown duck was making the raspy sound but maybe not? If You do a video of one duck at a time it would probably be easy to tell.

Top Bottom