What gender are these EE's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bigchickenman, Jan 21, 2010.

1. bigchickenman

bigchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Miamisburg,Ohio
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how many roosters and how many pullets that I have.They were hatched on Nov. 4 ,2009 so they are 11 weeks old.Thanks everyone.[​IMG]

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I would say the closest silver one is a hen. Next big red one is a rooster. Light orange one is a hen. The others I am not sure. It would be a lot easier if you had individual pictures of them.

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Individual body and head shots would make this easier but...I am seeing mostly pullets among the EE's. There are two that are not EE's - they could be RIR's. Of those, I'd say one is definitely a cockerel and the other possibly (but again, a better shot of their whole body would make it easier to make an educated guess). There is also one that looks more like a BO than an EE but as I can only see a little of her head and can't make out her comb, I can't say for sure.

4. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    You're not going to get very accurate answers without individual photos of each chicken (or maybe 2-3 per photo) and photos that show the combs too.

The EE in the front left of the photo is a pullet. The EE to the right of the RIR? looks like a roo (based on coloring), but pics of the comb would help. The red chicken with the huge comb is a cockerel. I can't tell on the others without close-ups of their combs and pics of their bodys (feather coloring makes a difference).

5. babyblue

babyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    I see two roos that look like rir, everybody else looks like a pullet to me.

6. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    all facing to the left except the one in the back corner are roos (4). All the ones facing to the right except the red one with the big comb on the right are pullets. that's 5 roos, 6 pullets, and one we can only see the beak of (I lean toward male on that one).

oh yeah, i could be wrong.

7. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    the rir on the right is deff a roo. the other one looks like a hen to me, they get a red comb too but it just doesnt get as red and waddles arent as big. i dont know anthing about EE's though.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree.

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    These look like boys=

[​IMG]