1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What gender are we (barred rocks and ameraucana) Pic Heavy!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sassah001, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sassah001

Sassah001 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Newman Lake WA
    These guys are about 8 weeks old and the person I got them from said they were a cross between Barred rock and ameraucana with a couple of them that are pure breed ameraucana. choose one to tell me about, choose all I just need to figure this out because I really don't need 5 roosters in my little coop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    I lots of Easter Eggers (mixed ameraucanas).

3. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    The black one on the very bottom looks like a cockerel, as well as the one 3 up from the bottom, and the 5th one up. Other than that, they all look like normal young pullets, though to me they look a little older than 2 months.
    Maybe 3? At about 4 months, if they are cockerels, they should start showing their spurs. They do look like an interesting cross. Hope they work out for you and aren't all roos!

4. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    The bottom bird and the (almost like) columbian buff looking bird, to me, look like roosters. Is the 1st pic this same bird? The 1st pic orange/buff EE is deff a rooster. You can see the tail feathers

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by