What Gender Are We??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Padfoot417, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Hey all,
    I had my little "Silkinique" hen Sinatra sitting on 5 eggs, 4 of which hatched. Unfortunately the last one died very close to hatching [​IMG]
    But I've got 4 little ones and not too much clue about what they could be!
    I had hatched just a single chick before under my Silkie hen, but it turned out to be a rooster even though I was so sure he was a hen.
    So I would really just like some opinions on what these little buggers could be! They are all just a day apart, and started hatching on September 26. I'll post the oldest first and youngest last.
    They all hatched out of eggs laid by a white Orpington, except for the oldest; which was out of a Rhode Island Red.
    I know the rooster could be either a RIR x Buff Brahma, or possibly a D'anver or D'uccle.
    Thank you in advance for any help!!! [​IMG]

Raphael

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Donatello

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leonardo

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michelangelo

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The first two look like pullets. The third one is probably a pullet too, but the fourth one appears to be a cockerel based off of comb size. Post some more photos in a few weeks, though, for another opinion.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

4. LeviS

LeviS Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    It's hard to tell at this age. What breed is the fourth one, Michelangelo, has a really nice feather pattern.

5. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I'm not entirely sure what breed little Mikey is, but judging by his/her pattern I'm wondering if my D'uccle might've fertilized that egg. Mikey is half Orpington though, so hen or roo it's gonna be big! (or standard if mixed with D'uccle?) If I do end up with 3 pullets and a cockerel, I'd say that's pretty good luck! I will post more pictures as they grow, thank you for the replies!!

6. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    *UPDATE*

A few more pictures of these guys, I took them today. These chicks are about 2 months old now... I have some idea about what they're turning out to be but second opinions are always helpful! Thanks!
    (Again posted oldest to youngest, only 4 days difference)

Raphael

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Donatello

[​IMG][​IMG]

Leonardo

[​IMG][​IMG]

Michelangelo

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I think pullets with Michaelangelo a roo. Leonardo might be a roo, but right now I'm leaning hen.

Since they are hybrid mixes (mutts), I find they mature a little faster and my hens get larger but yellow combs which can throw you a bit. I find that the males are still the ones that have large and red.

My guesses. Pretty mixes. I enjoy my mutts. They really make for some interesting color and variation in my flock.

Lady of McCamley

8. Last one is a male. The rest are hens/pullets. Michelangelo is very pretty!

9. MyPetNugget

MyPetNugget Enjoying the cold!!!

The last one looks like a cockerel because of the red comb and wattles.

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by