What gender??...breed??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OkieChickenDad, Nov 28, 2010.

1. OkieChickenDad

OkieChickenDad Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Blake turned out to be a roo and is now free rangin' on the farm, this is Blakes replacement pet chicken, for our pet chicken, Gerty. This chicken was hacthed with Blake about 4.5 months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that is an EE, and it looks like a pullet.

3. OkieChickenDad

Nov 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    She is a sweet chicken that just cant seem to get enough love. She went to the farm at 1 month because she whined non stop in the brooder...non...stop. But when I took our 'turned out to be a roo' Blake to the farm...this one ran up, flew up on my shoulder and started cooing and went to sleep. So I was really hoping it would be a girl so it can stay...kids named her Punkin tonight, Funny thing was the lady we got the eggs from said all her EE's died...looks like not all huh?

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    EE pullet.

5. Pequena Bandada

Pequena Bandada Small Flock

Jun 13, 2010
    Looks just like two EE pullets I have. They were born in March and started laying at 21 weeks... so maybe you'll get early eggs too!

6. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Def EE. Id say pullet too.

7. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    I had an EE with that coloring. [​IMG]

8. OkieChickenDad

Nov 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Are EE's sweet natured and loving, generally, as a breed? If you can call them a breed? This chicken was a shoe in to our 2 chicken family because of her easy nature. Gertrude our 1st pet chcicken is a lap chicken, but with an attitude. Gerty likes me and my daughter and thats it...but this one thinks she is a human...not kidding she has no fear of humans and cant seem to get enough love and has already become the family "baby". Just wondering if this is the case with every EE or just certain crosses?

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:Not all of them, LOL! I have this beautiful blue EE with some bronze in her wing and neck feathers, and she is FLIGHTY! She's worse than those Minorcas I once had! If I'm in the run, she's in the coop, and if I go into the coop she hightails it out the chicken door! If she happens to be on the roost and can't get to the ground and out the door in time, she'll franticly fly over my head through the human door! Meanwhile, I'm almost tripping over my docile RIRs, BOs, GLWs, etc. [​IMG]

Your's is definitely an EE or EE cross pullet! [​IMG]

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    She's a definite EE pullet, but no, not all Easter Eggers are calm and docile. I have a hen, who when she was a pullet, was the freakiest, most flighty and skittish bird ever! She was nuts! I have a video, even, of feeding the girls by hand, then I try to offer her a peice. . . She stands from a distance, stares at it, then lunges forward, almost bites my finger off, then just freaks out and flies off making a ton of noise.

Luckily she calmed down to a very brave, rather stubborn bird once she began laying eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by