1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What gender do you think my EEs are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NormansGal44, Apr 19, 2011.

1. NormansGal44

NormansGal44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    My three EEs are about four weeks old. I'm afraid I may have at least one rooster. Chestnut seems to be dominate and is the biggest (by at least an ounce compared to Cique). Its comb just started showing a few days ago. Chestnut likes to come over to me to be pet or held. Nutmeg is taking a LOT longer to feather out. She is just getting a few tiny tail feathers and is about 1.5-2 ounces (three days ago) lighter than Chestnut. She likes to hide under the others. Cique isn't as friendly and has the cheek tufts as does Chestnut but Nutmeg does not.

Chick #1 (Chestnut)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2 (Cacique aka Cique)
    [​IMG]

Nutmeg is in the front, Cique is in the back.
    [​IMG]

Chick #3 (Nutmeg)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    I don't see any distincly 3 rowed combs so I would say you got 3 girls there.

3. NormansGal44

Mar 30, 2011
    Even at four weeks the comb would begin to show on a roo? Phew!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not seeing any major boy signs yet, check in again in a few more weeks. Even if you have all girls, someone's gotta be the boss!

5. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Quote:It would be 3 rowed instead of just a bit of a bump, maybe not bigger and still yellow and not pink but more detailed.

6. NormansGal44

Mar 30, 2011
    Update: Chestnut ended up being a HUGE roo! 8 2/3 lbs at 14 months old! Cique and Nutmeg are small hens with Cique being the bossiest one! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by