What gender for these two?

Seaecho

Songster
Oct 12, 2017
High Desert, S. CA.
They are 8 weeks old, breeder says they are pure bantam Cochin, but I suspected at first that they were crossed with Polish. Went to her house, and saw some Silkies. Cochins don't have crests, so then I assumed they were crossed with Silkies. Well guess what? One has five toes on one foot. Both have yellow legs and no black skin. I'm hoping they're both pullets, but I'm scared of the comb development on the one. What do you think? Could the first one be a roo?
Ginger snap's wattle.PNG
Gold chicken.PNG

Above is the second one, and comb is much paler and smaller. Bottom two pics are of each individual, the last one being the reddish one that I fear is a roo.
014.JPG
Ginger Snap.PNG

Look like Cochin x Polish crosses to me. But if one has 5 toes then there is some Silkie mixed in there as well. There is no way those are pure Cochin.

I thought it was just me "seeing" Polish in them! Then when I saw the Silkies she had, I knew that's what the mix was. She has no Polish at all. I thought it very interesting. I don't care anyway, as I was only after bantam frizzles, and I love both Cochins and Silkies, so I'm happy. When I saw the five toes, I had my answer! I just assumed the second one was a pullet, (my bad) so I didn't even check before buying them! GAW!

Back
Top Bottom