What gender is he/she?

First is a roo, and other it too young to tell but if I HAD to guess I'd say pullet because she just looks so sweet and feminine.

Thank you everyone :)
One more question: This 15 weeks old rooster (in the pic) is in a flock with a 1 year old roorster (actually his daddy...lol). They have shown no aggression toward each other . Do you think the peace will continue or will it change once this young cockerel matures? I am just trying to figure it out if I can keep both rooster or if they will fight once the young one matures (I have 17 hens in this flock).

One more question: This 15 weeks old rooster (in the pic) is in a flock with a 1 year old roorster (actually his daddy...lol). They have shown no aggression toward each other . Do you think the peace will continue or will it change once this young cockerel matures? I am just trying to figure it out if I can keep both rooster or if they will fight once the young one matures (I have 17 hens in this flock).

The 15 week older might try to overthrow his dad later on for dominance and mating rights, the dad might try to kick his son out of the flock when he matures to keep his Alpha status and mating rights. Just keep a close eye on them in the future to see if their might be any early signs such as flirting with the females in front of his dad, always crowing after his dad does, and walking in front of the dad while quickly jerking his head and making himself look as big and tall as possible. If their are problems,you must separate them before they engage in bloody battles.

As for your original question, the first one is a rooster and the silkie is too young but seems to be a pullet.

I have and still house roosters together, some do well with just the occasional dominance fight and others that will fight to the death. Good luck

Thank you. I will keep a close eye on them. Hopefully they will continue to get along just fine. There are plenty of hens for both of them to share :)
I hope you are correct about the silkie. She/He is so sweet and friendly. I am totally in love with her
hugs.gif

The 15 week older might try to overthrow his dad later on for dominance and mating rights, the dad might try to kick his son out of the flock when he matures to keep his Alpha status and mating rights. Just keep a close eye on them in the future to see if their might be any early signs such as flirting with the females in front of his dad, always crowing after his dad does, and walking in front of the dad while quickly jerking his head and making himself look as big and tall as possible. If their are problems,you must separate them before they engage in bloody battles.

As for your original question, the first one is a rooster and the silkie is too young but seems to be a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom