What Gender? Is it EE or Ameracana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tomstephens, Jun 12, 2008.

1. tomstephens

tomstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago as an Ameraucana chick, I don't know enough to know if it's an ameraucana or EE. I've heard a lot that people often buy EEs as Ameraucanas. But anyway "he"s always been a little bigger than the others. And a lot less inclined to be held. Now today I notice this nice little comb showing and some very slight red on his face. The other EE/Ameraucana chick has nothing in regards to a comb yet. I assume Aurora is going to be a Rory? Oh he's about 7 weeks now.

don't really have any other non-blurry. If needed let me know and I can provide some pics of him/her around 3-4 weeks old although they're blurry.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Well I think Roo, but I am not always right. HE is really cute!
  3. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    I also think he is roo! He is beautiful!
  4. tomstephens

tomstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    He is adorable isn't he?

What about breed? Is he Ameracana or EE ... how can you tell the difference?
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If I had to guess, I'd say a cross between an Aurucana/Americana and a RIR.

And yeah, it looks like a roo to me.
  6. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    I have 3 Ameracauna/EE's all the same age or so as yours. I have the same question as you about breed, but none of mine have combs or tail feathers like yours. Definitely looks like a Rory to me...

But he's beautiful.

One of mine is white/light buff (I just posted pic of it, but the other two are darker.) I love the color of yours!
  7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Looks like a Rory and a EE he doesnt have the face tufts that a Ameracuana does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by