What gender is my EE? HELP!---NEW PICS---

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fritzee, Oct 27, 2009.

1. fritzee

fritzee New Egg

Oct 27, 2009
    My Easter Egger, Dolly is three months old today. These pics were taken a couple of weeks ago. We bought her through the mail as a one day old chick. We ordered and paid for a pullet, but lately we've been worried that she may be a roo.

She has a prominent beard and cheeks. She is a little bigger than her barred rock and buff orpington sisters. I don't know whether this has something to do with her breed or her gender. This morning, I heard her make some strange noises which heightened my fear that she may be a rooster.

Please let me know what you think. She isn't aggressive at all. In fact, she gets picked on the most by the other chickens.

And here is a pic of Dolly when she was a young chick, she is on the left (short, yellow chick)

As requested, here are more pics. These were taken this evening in my basement. Dolly is just about thirteen weeks now. Your feedback is really appreciated, thanks so much!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    EE have always been hard for me to tell, but I am going to say pullet for reasons I will not go into for fear I maybe thought insane.
  3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    She's a girl. Congrats!
  4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Girly girl.
  5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    looks girly to me at this point
  6. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

I vote girl
  7. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:I agree
  8. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    I vote girl, too. My Ameraucanas make a different noise than any of the other birds, sort of a cranky squawk. Maybe that's what you heard!
  9. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks very similar to my white EE, she's been laying eggs for 3 weeks...I vote pullet:)
  10. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    LOL very pretty girl...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by