What gender is this?The Golden laced wyandotte Jules at 4 1/2 weeks is a roo but how about the blue

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lovesfarms, Sep 8, 2016.

1. lovesfarms

lovesfarms Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I bought my chicks at a local farmers auction never realizing I could end up with all roosters! Right now I'm sweating. I love them, devoted hours of love thinking I will have at least 5 laying hens. Right now Im confused but I know I cant keep all roosters! I started with 4 gold laced wyandottes and 4 blue laced red wyandottes. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you're referring to the light blue BLRW, I'm thinking pullet.

~Alex

3. lovesfarms

Sep 6, 2016
    You made my day!

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

There's definitely a chance that I'm wrong, considering Dottes can be hard to determine the gender of, but I really hope I'm correct for your sake! :hugs

~Alex

5. lovesfarms

Sep 6, 2016
    I wadnt worrying until a couple days ago I came home and the blue one had a skinned shoulder.I thought she was going to die! The spot somehow got covered up with feathers. A golden laced one had a skinned spot as well.I wasnt sure if it was rooster fights..chicken fights and who needs to be separated??? I had them in a tractor since day one. They despise fences because I let them run when Im outside so they are spoiled.They stay by me in the shade. I have health problems so I do some online sales. I take pictures in the house and sit in the shade with the chicks to list things online! When Im not outside they go back in their pen.We have hawks around here and wild cats,ground hogs etc so the chicks just cant run free

6. chickieluv123

chickieluv123 Just Hatched

Aug 29, 2016
    Fayetteville Arkansas
    I love Wyandottes and I would like to help do u think u could send individual pictures also if any of them are crowing their Roos by the way they are all so pretty

7. asiawaka

asiawaka Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern Colorado
    These babies are always trickery to sex. They don't seem to play by the rules. My SLW had me convinced she was a roo even though we paid extra for sexed pullets. She had think legs, look for feathers that come in blurred vs very distinct pattern. Roos usually have nice lacing and with SLW more white on the chest and shoulders. Look for the gold being excessive in those places. I'd need to see better pictures but don't give up hope yet!

8. lovesfarms

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    She is the prettiest one I have. My phone is cheap and does her colors injustice. I think she is the lowest in the pecking order

9. lovesfarms

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Everybody enjoying an ear of corn. She always has to wait till last for her treat.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think the little cutie, lowest in pecking order is a pullet. I sure hope so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by