What gender is this?

michaelasuder

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
So I got a new young chicken from my uncle. I was told it was a hen and never saw the chicken up close until I got it home. (It was in a crate.) It has greenish tail feathers, and is HUUUUGE compared to my others. I have a Delaware hen and three that I think are mixed with a kind called High Line Brown. I think this one is a RIR. The bird is not aggressive towards people, or overly aggressive towards the hens, although it did try to fight my one hen at first and pecks the others now and then. It crows, but it's not extremely loud, it has a large comb, but doesn't have spurs. If it's a rooster I have to get rid of it. I'm not allowed to keep them. Help!?

Last edited:
Is your uncle normally a practical joker????

It crows, has rooster comb, rooster hackles and rooster tail feathers which part did he think made it a hen?? I'm sorry but nobody gives away a crowing bird and doesn't know its a rooster.

Last edited:
He is a good looking and healthy Chicken ....
Maybe after you new hen is finished crowing
he will lay an egg for you too
lau.gif

So are you keeping your new hen who looks
to have ROOSTER TAIL FEATHERS ???????

gander007
old.gif

Ok you don't have to make fun of me. I honestly did not know. That's why I came here.

Oh I am sorry and do deeply apologize I did not intend to hurt your feelings !!!!!!!
As I am sure you are young and unaware and were really asking advice and
not showing us all what a corrector you Uncle is .......

So yes you have a nice young Rooster there, and he looks very nice .......

gander007
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom