What gender??? *** wyandottes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cabinonalake, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cabinonalake

cabinonalake Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    I picked up both chicks by their neck skin ( like a kitten) and both chicks repeatidly brought their feet up towards their bodies ( which makes me think pullet). Then I held them each upside down by their feet and they both shut their eyes and just hung there (also makes me think pullet from what i've read)... Now at 5 days old they're getting in their wing and tail feathers.. Here's some pics of them at 3 days old, the patterns of their backs, and their leg sizes... any guesses would be great! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Can you show us a picture of their faces?

Maybe next time you can put this in the "What Breed or Gender is this?" section. [​IMG]

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    yeah, pictures of the faces and combs would be helpful

4. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I have about 300 pictures, if you need anymore... *rolls eyes* (kinda becoming a chicken freek)

5. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    Well they are still young, maybe when they are a wee bit older. Oh and how could you ever have too many pictures of chickens? [​IMG]

6. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    I can explain I swear, I was given a completely amazing camera 2 years ago for xmas and its so wonderful that if I hold down the (picture taking button) it takes continous pictures so fast that I have mini movies... I end up getting a few hundred pix a day when I take them... xmas I had around 1200...

7. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    They're still pretty young, but if I had to take a guess, I would say that they are both females because their comb is so small. Post some more pictures when they're older.

8. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    I know I should generally wait until they're about 6 weeks old and what to look out for then, but I read that wyandottes could be color sexed... Pretty sure I will NEVER buy straight run again... I'm too impatient for all of this waiting...

9. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    I want that kind of camera... [​IMG]
    Chicken is right, maybe post some when they are older?

10. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    I get that feeling! I wanted a JG rooster so bad, but he did turn out to be a little roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by