What Gender

banks

Songster
14 Years
May 31, 2008
Ft Worth Tx (Richland Hills)
I have some chicks that are 7 weeks old now. Should I be able to tell them apart now, Sex wise?
I have Barred Rocks, Astrolopes, RIR, NH Reds & Gold Sex Links all from Ideal. My problem is that I do not know what the extras are that they sent. Does anyone have a picture of my breeds at 7 weeks? You would think the BR would be the easiest. I ordered 4 BR and I have 6 that look the same except some are a little lighter in color (the black is not as bold) If I could see some pictures it would help. Thanks

If you can look at your BRs in a group and immediately notice light ones and darker ones, then the light ones are roosters The roosters will also have yellower legs while the hens have black shading on theirs. Sex links are sexable at hatch. That's why their called sex links.

post some pics...yes you should be able to tell their gender. as for the sex links their color at hatch will tell what gender they are. usally males will have bigger combs and wattles and they, for the most part, will be redder than pullets.

Well, with those breeds, if you have any white birds, they're sex link males. Other than that, pics and we can sex them for you.

Back
Top Bottom