What genders are my 3 chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilyLeghorn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. LilyLeghorn

LilyLeghorn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Hello,

I have 3 young chickens (around 3.5 months old). I hatched them out November 19, 2012. However, I'm not sure of their genders, but would like to know as roosters are illegal where I live.

This is Maple: I'm almost sure he is a male, he has reddish marking and a green tinted tail. It is the other two I'm not too sure of, especially my frizzle/sizzle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Sherlock: I think he might be male, but I'm not entirely sure. He and Maple are a bit larger than Adella, the frizzle/sizzle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Adella, a frizzle/sizzle. She looks like a frizzle but has 5 black toes, so I suppose she's a sizzle. I think she's a hen, but I really can't tell. I hope she's a female though!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    The top one is a roo. The second one I can't really see if there are saddle feathers. For the third one, I am not good with sizzles.

3. LilyLeghorn

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Haha! I'm not good with sizzles either!

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I see two cockerels (1st two pics) and a pullet. Your Adella looks ALOT like my frizzled Cochin hen, Jewel- except she has yellow feet and no fifth toe ;) She's probably a sizzle who didn't end up with a crest. ADORABLE!
    Nikki

5. LilyLeghorn

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Thank you howfunkyisurchicken! I'm sad I'll have to find new homes for my two "roos," but at least Adella is probably a female :)

Jewel sounds like a cute chicken!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by