sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
:welcome

I've never been able to accurately gender assess goslings. Once they mature a bit it's easier to evaluate them based on behavior.

HorsesRMe123

Chirping
Aug 1, 2020
:welcome

I've never been able to accurately gender assess goslings. Once they mature a bit it's easier to evaluate them based on behavior.
Ok thank you! What age would you say they are when they are mature and ready to lay eggs if they were to both be females? If both were to be males, I would still keep them because they are our little babies but if they were females and could lay eggs, what age would you say?

teresagreen81

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
Ok thank you! What age would you say they are when they are mature and ready to lay eggs if they were to both be females? If both were to be males, I would still keep them because they are our little babies but if they were females and could lay eggs, what age would you say?
First year with geese. I read it will be next spring before they lay. That's also allegedly when you can sex them properly to see if a male. So we are just waiting to see if eggs instead of poking vents. Lol

HorsesRMe123

Chirping
Aug 1, 2020
First year with geese. I read it will be next spring before they lay. That's also allegedly when you can sex them properly to see if a male. So we are just waiting to see if eggs instead of poking vents. Lol
Good to know! Thank you for the help.

Top Bottom