What genders are my polish and barred rock?

candychick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
US
I got some chicks for my pet chicken who has been alone since her one friend died, i wanted to know if 2 of them were male or female. My barred rock was guaranteed to be a female but is much bigger than the other and more developed. I got my polish from the bantam bin at myers hatchery so I have no idea about that one. Here are there pics.

This is my polish I am guessing its a hen but im not sure

This is my Barred Rock. I am guessing its a male

I have no idea on polish but your barred rock looks to be female as its too dark and doesnt have enough red to be male
I would guess about eight weeks old ish but someone with more experience can prob give a more accurate answer

how old are they? the barred looks like a pullet but cant tell on the polish, can you get shots of them standing on their own and comb shots please

OK, Here are a couple more pictures one is of the side and one is it walking i tried to get a comb shot but it wasnt really cooperating. So i hope this helps.

This is the side pic it wasnt very good but hopefully you can see more of the comb.

Here is the walking pic i couldnt get the chick to keep its head up so i hope thats ok.

Back
Top Bottom