What genes are dominate genes?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by UBkevy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. UBkevy

UBkevy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Buffalo
    does anyone know of any reference material on what genes are dominate and what ones are recessive. And what those genes do?

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:It is best to post a specific question about a specific cross. When you post a question, you must include the breed and variety in the question. It is important to include which is the male and which is the female.

For example, if I cross a male dark brahma and a female partridge rock, what will be the phenotype of the adult offspring. Phenotype- means what does the organism look like

If you want to know about a specific trait ask a question about the trait and include the breed and variety.

Tim

4. UBkevy

May 5, 2009
    Buffalo
    Sorry if i had a plan I would discuss certain crosses. The only crosses I am interested in knowing about right now are Araucana over White leghorn and RiR over Sussex. But I am in the really early stages of coming up with a plan so i am in the collect data phase. mljohnson05 that was perfect thank you. from that I can come up with the traits I am looking for then find the breeds that have the genes I want in my flock thank you.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:What color Araucana and Sussex?

Chris

6. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:You Very Welcome...I knew if i searched long enough I would Find something...just felt bad i could not find it on your other post...lol

7. UBkevy

May 5, 2009
    Buffalo
    i am thinking black Araucana and Speckled Sussex.

well thanks for looking so hard that will help me a ton

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by